Fuel Burning Appliance Permit

Special Use Permit

Demolition Permits

Architectural/Site Plan Review

Some commercial construction may require Architectural and/or Site Plan Review depending upon its scope. Following are our Site Plan Review and Architectural Review Application Forms.

Architectural Plan Review Application

Site Plan Review Application

Planning Board Meeting Schedule 

Request for a Variance

Sign Permits

Highway Work

Swimming Pools

Above ground and in-ground pools require a permit from the Building Department. Pools may be located only in a rear yard, must be at least 4' from any property line, and at least 10' from any building structure, or overhead wiring. Appropriate fencing is necessary.


Installation of any new fence or replacement of an existing fence requires a permit. Fences in a rear yard may be no higher than 6 ft. and the good side must face out. In a front yard, fences may be no higher than 3 ft., must be located at least 3 ft. inside the public sidewalk, and must be of open design which permits 80% visibility through it. Existing fences may remain as they are, provided they are not extended or altered in any way.

Building construction and demolition require a permit. While residents may perform necessary repairs, new additions, garages, decks/porches, fences, sheds, swimming pools, hot tubs, or wood and gas burning stoves require a permit. For more information, contact the Building Department by clicking here before beginning any construction or demolition project.

Please note that Seasonal Outdoor Seating requires a Building permit!

Download a Seasonal Outdoor Seating Permit Application

Fire Prevention & Operating Permit

Tent Procedures

Information on various types of construction:

Residential Porches and Decks


Fireplaces & Gas Appliances

Residential Garages

Residential New Builds & Additions

Residential Roofing & Siding

Swimming Pools

Permit Application Forms:

Short Form Building Permit Application

Long Form Building Permit Application

Commercial Building Permit Application

Survey Certification Statement

Building Construction or Demolition

Per Section 89-12 of the Village Code, an annual permit is required for any private snowplow operator who wishes to conduct business within the Village limits.

Download a printable Snow Plow Application Form

Snow Plow Permit

Activities such as foot or bike races, block parties, outdoor exhibitions, bonfires, street vending or peddling, and door-to-door sales require a permit issued by the Mayor. Contact the Village Clerk's Office with questions byclicking here.

Download a printable Mayor's Permit Form

Mayor's Permit

Permits & Licenses

    for the Village of Williamsville

Click on the links below to view, save or print a permit or license for village activities.